Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What Color is Coral Anyway?

When I first started thinking about a theme for the wedding & reception, I knew I wanted something beachy. Blue (specifically aqua) instantly popped into my mind along with shells and sand. The original color scheme was to be aqua and chartreuse. So I went to town (not literally) thinking about those colors. Right after I chose them, guess what popped up on The Knot's hot wedding color combos? AQUA & CHARTREUSE! Go figure.

Then one day, something just hit me. I wanted to stick with aqua, but what about incorporating actual coral pieces and designs into the them? Thus the aqua & red/coral scheme was born. The next weekend I went to visit my parents and find out that my mom has all these cool decorations with coral on them. Again, go figure!









Then the discussion of what shade of coral/red began. Do we want to use red? Or orange-red? Or pink-red? What color is coral anyway?! The reason behind the discussion was that I wanted to go with more of a true red and my mom wanted more of an orange red. So we've decided to go with something in between the two, but we have no idea what it's called! As you can imagine, this made for some interesting conversation with the florist when we were trying to describe what color flowers I want. More info on that in another post!

I also found other fun stuff at my parents' house that I might have to steal for the reception! Or at least incorporate the ideas. :)





And before I go any further with this blog, I want to give a shout out to my wedding planner, Angela, with A'vie Weddings & Events, and also to my friend & sorority sister Brittany, of Tickled Pink Brides, who helped me get my thoughts together after the engagement!

No comments:

Post a Comment