Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let's Hear it for the Boys...er...Men!

I pretty much knew all along that I didn't want the groom and groomsmen to be in black. I had a vision of khaki or taupe suits, so I went searching. The other decision that needed to be made was whether to have the guys buy the suits or rent them. Both decisions were made at Tuxedo Junction in my local mall. I went with one of my bridesmaids and found a great khaki suit with subtle khaki stripes there and was happy with it. They quoted me for a decent price per guy, which includes pants, jacket, shirt & shoes. So I figured it would be best to go with renting as opposed to buying, especially because buying takes a little more effort on the guys' parts!

As for the tie (regular, not bow), I wanted aqua. They had two different shades, but I found one to be a bit too blue (not enough green) and the other to be too dark. Plus they were rather flat with no dimension. I took Robbie back another day to see the suit & tie, and he didn't like either of the ties. So, this led me to plan B, which was to find and buy ties elsewhere.

We ventured to J.C. Penney to check out ties. And there, I found an awesome Stafford tie, so grabbed all of the ones they had (four) and bought them! I figured if the color didn't work, I would just return them. They were buy one, get one half off too. Robbie & I went back to Tuxedo Junction and held it up to the suit, and it was a winner! (Thank goodness.) The tie has a neat sheen to it, which I think will be perfect with the bridesmaid dresses.

So here's the mens' wardrobe!




The swatch next to the tie is that of my bridesmaid's dresses. They aren't exactly the same shade, but I am confident they will "go." I will save that for another post along with info about the little ring bearer & flower girl attire!
So what do you think?

1 comment: