Friday, May 29, 2009

Save the Dates ... Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

One of the more fun aspects of wedding planning for me has been picking out save the dates and invitations. I've always loved stationery and cards. Soon after the planning began, I fell in love with Wedding Paper Divas. They have so many neat, fresh designs ... I want them all! The save the date is their "Captivating Coral" design, and I think it looks chic and modern. Obviously, the image below isn't of my actual save the date because my name is not Frances Elaine Turner, but it's the same design. They were mailed about a week or two ago, so hopefully they have arrived in mailboxes!

You may wonder, why do you need a save the date? Why not just an invitation? Save the dates are fairly new and are getting more popular. At my last job, we always sent out save the dates before an event, so I kind of just didn't think twice before doing save the dates for my wedding. They are probably more popular for destination weddings since more people are traveling, but I thought it would be good to let people know the date since we picked it so far out.

Invitations will be going out in a few months!


No comments:

Post a Comment