Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Sneak Peek at the Bridesmaid Dresses

Picking out bridesmaid dresses turned out to be harder than I expected. Deciding on the color, aqua, was fairly easy; it was the style that I wasn't sure about. I had several people try on potential bridesmaid dresses: my bridal consultant, a bridesmaid, and even me! The biggest problem seemed to be that I would find a dress I liked, but it would come in the shade of blue I wanted. I had this color in my mind that I wanted, but it was hard to express or describe it. As my mom would say, growing up I would create something in my mind and ask her to find it. I wouldn't be able to explain it, but I would expect her to find it. (Sorry, Mom!) So needless to say, this perfect shade of aqua became rather elusive. The ladies at Solutions Bridal, specifically Tali, were amazing during all of this!

Another constraint was price. I couldn't in good faith ask my bridesmaids to spend $250 or $300 on a dress. So I decided to hit the Internet, as I often do, when I'm looking for something specific. It's just easier than physically going to a bunch of stores. I started searching J.Crew's Web site and ... voila! I some amazing dresses at a better price point and in a very neat shade of aqua. It's actually called "tropical aqua." (J.Crew has an amazing selection of wedding attire, by the way.)

My girls (five, possibly six) got to choose between two dress: a strapless and a halter. The idea was to hopefully have a few in each style, though. Thankfully, that's how it turned out! As of now, three are wearing the halter and two are wearing the strapless.

Here they are!







I am very happy with these dresses and can't wait to see them on everyone! If any of my bridesmaids want to agree to let me put the photos of them trying on their dresses on the blog, I would love to. But I won't do it without your permission. :)

The next decision that needs to be made is the shoe color. What do you think of silver? Or would a nude color be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment